Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thing 15--Online games & libraries

I tried out the Puzzle Pirates. I'm not sure I understand the scoring, bartering, etc. I did try bilging, carpentry and learning to sail. I can see how you could get hooked, but it would take awhile to get all the finer points of the game figured out--which is obviously the goal. However, I don't think I'll spend much more time on this.
I looked at some of the links about second life. I don't understand the attraction or use of this. I guess it must be enjoyable for some when the teenagers on the podcast talked about being on the island for 6 to12 hours/day.
The "Eight Myths about video games" did not convince me that immersion in the violent games does not have an undesired effect.

No comments:

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.