Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing 22--What Did I Learn?

I am pleased to have been a part of this program. I feel that I have learned a lot. I am not comfortable enough with these tools to teach them to others and I will probably go back through some of the Things to review and explore their other features.
When the link was posted for the "Finishers' Blogs, I found them very interesting. However, I decided that I needed to finish my own before I spent much time looking at those blogs. Now, by way of review, I plan to visit some more of those blogs. It was obvious to me that these people have had more experience on these tools and I will learn much from them.

Now, as to the 5 things that we were supposed to learn--
  • Sorry, I think it takes quite a bit of time to figure these things out. It is worth the time, but be honest, it does take time. I'm sure that it will take less time when you've learned more, but it does take time.
  • I was able to figure out most of what I think I was supposed to do. The links provided were very helpful and I think the program deserves much of the credit for my success.
  • I did enjoy most of these activities and was surprised that I did. I've had a lot of fun with nieces & nephews on Face book. They made me feel welcome in what I felt was their arena.
  • We do need to be informed about the tools that are now changing our world. My husband brought a charango back from Bolivia a couple weeks ago. I asked him what it sounded like when played in Bolivia. It only took a couple minutes to find some amazing examples on YouTube. I wouldn't have thought to look there a month ago.
  • Supporting each other is especially important in the media field because many of us are in our school district by ourselves. Unlike English or math teachers who can consult someone else down the hall, we usually need to get ideas from others at a distance. Learning to use these tools more efficiently could greatly help in this area.

Having already added several things to my RSS aggregator, I wonder if adding many more will defeat the purpose, giving me more to look at than I could ever hope to read. I think it would be a good plan to spend some time with these sites before adding them.

No comments:

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.