Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 21- Beyond MySpace

I read the articles. Gather seems like a time consuming way to learn of new authors. I didn't find it too attractive. Goodreads, that I visited later seemed to have information in an easier to use format.
Again, becoming an interactive library is a worthy goal, but it seems like a daunting task given the other activities that seem to be demanding our time. I'm not sure what you'd give up on to accomplish this goal.
I joined the "23 Things on a Stick Ning" at the beginning of this project and have added comments to the wall for a couple of the people I recognize from MEMO activities. I also added the badge to my blog.
Finally, I joined the WebJunction. The online classes are something I may come back to explore.
Some of the other networks I checked out were interesting. I was most interested in the 43 Things. I didn't join at this point, but I like the concept.
The Wikipedia list of social networks would seem to be a very helpful item to use when exploring the concept of social networking.

No comments:

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.