Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thing 18--- YouTube and other online video

These were quite fun to watch. Conan the librarian, etc. shows the creative side of people for sure.
I was interested to find a 40 minute piece on the chaos in Kenya. I have a friend who is presently living Kenya and just emailed this past week to say that things have been tense (understatement). It was amazing timing to stumble on that particular video.
A fellow staff member emailed us about http://teachertube.com/ and I checked that out as well. That is where I picked up the 'water cycle' video that I chose to add to my blog. That piece caught my eye because I recently helped a staff member find information on that for the unit in her classroom and thought this may be something else to add interest. I also came across a class doing times tables to music. Many of the clips on this site could be easily used in the classroom. Of course, there are clips that make me think I could compete in this ----

No comments:

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.