Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thing 19-- Podcasts

I have used podcasts from NPR before. TeachingBooks.net has linked me to author interviews that I have enjoyed in the past. I also have some NPR favorites that I enjoyed finding and listening to again.
The gem discovery in "Thing 19" was the Educational Podcast Directory and more specifically http://www.mpsomaha.org/willow/radio/shows/Willowcast29.html. This is the site of a very well done project about volcanoes. It is definitely something to show my fellow staff members. What an interesting way for students to showcase their research.
Adding a podcast site to the RSS was a simple process. I have actually set up folders in my RSS account at this point.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Marie, you are nearly there! Great progress. Enjoy your comments, and the additional information you've been sharing. Keep going you're doing great!
~Lynn

Marie said...

I appreciate the encouragement. I'm not always sure I'm picking up on the right things, but its definitly a learning experience.

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.