Saturday, March 1, 2008

Thing 10--Wikis

1) The Common Craft videos are nice a way to be introduced to the new areas. I'm not sure I understand the 'links' thing yet, but I am very much aware that this is an introductory program. Unless you have a lot of prior knowledge, you could be exploring just one of these tools until April 15th instead of completing the list.
2) The library uses of a wiki were interesting. It may be a way of using some of the library's patrons to promote books and programs. I wonder how elementary students, say at 5th & 6th grade level, would do with a wiki of favorite books.
I enjoyed browsing through the MN150 site. That is a site the 6th grade should see as they study Minnesota.
3) I had fun messing with the list of "messed up classics". I decided "Oranges of Anger" had a better ring to it. I looked at the sandbox as well. What are the implications of having your IP address recorded in these wikis?

No comments:

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.