Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thing 7--3&4 and things in general

I feel like the kindergarten kid the first time he/she looks around a whole library of books and is overwhelmed by how to make that first choice. Each of these things could occupy a lot of time if you fully explore them.
The possibilities of text messaging explored in the video seems "out there" for the school setting. That is especially true since we discourage the use of cell phones/text messaging in schools due to the distinct possibility that you can text all the answers someone needs in a testing situation. It is an interesting concept.
I have not taken part in a live web cast because it seems awkward to do so during the school day. I realize that if I make it a priority, I can possibly arrange for someone to cover for me...
I have viewed the archived web casts on Reading Rockets and have found them to be very informative. I also watched the Minetex Webinar on the ELM overview and am thinking it would be a great tool for an afterschool staff development activity called "Technology Tidbits".
OPAL also looks interesting and I noticed that more of those opportunities are in the evening--I plan to come back to this one.
Finally, I have found myself going back to the RSS account -- This is the problem with 23 things. You never quite finish with the previous things and as we keep adding, I'm afraid I could spend my whole day with the computer. Somehow, once again, balance is the tricky part of technology.

No comments:

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.