Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing 7 -- email/IM

Email is finally a tool that I'm quite comfortable using. I have had the need for using the folders, attachments, groups, etc. We use it in our district a lot and it certainly speeds up the process of communicating with staff quickly without running down the hall or up 3 flights of stairs. How did we live without it.
IM is something I've known about. I've watched people use it, but have never had a particular interest. Strangely, we have a nephew who uses this as his only connection to the world, so we set up an account in Windows Live Messenger just a couple weeks ago. This morning I decided to try it out and had a 'conversation' with my brother-in-law. I was amazed to look at the clock & find out I'd been online for almost an hour. I'm not sure this would be a time effective way to help our patrons, but I can see how it could work and it doesn't seem to be difficult.
I'm guessing that I'll probably add some more to our group and play with this some more. As I become better at using it, I may think of more ways it could work in the library/media setting.

No comments:

Thing 18 from Teachertube

Rhubarb Bird Baths at CC

Countdown....

Gifhorn, Germany

Gifhorn, Germany
I'm here-the white speck on the bridge. This is one of the beautiful places I visited last summer.